Friday, January 23, 2015

Please help us welcome our new Director, Marietta!


Happy New Year HB friends & supporters! 

The library now has new leadership! 



Marietta is our new director, but she is not a new face around the library. Since last Summer, Marietta has been volunteering at HB and working with the kids on a regular basis. 

We wish her all the best as she starts in her new role at HB, and hope you will stop by to meet her and welcome her!

  (Library hours: 2-5:30 Monday-Friday, 
and 9-1 on Saturday. Closed Sunday.)


Here is a message she has written to tell everyone about herself:

 My name is Marietta Marroquín, I was born in Mexico City and raised in Guatemala.

Since I was a young girl I felt a strong passion for the ocean and as I grew older I studied Biology to help conserve our natural resources. Later on,  I worked in several marine conservation projects... But in the process I realized the urgent necessity of working on community development projects.

I believe that education, focusing on creativity and in nourishing the uniqueness of every being,  has the power to create positive changes in the world; and it's through passion, love and devotion that I will endeavour for this mission. I am grateful and honored to work as the Hekab-Be's Library Director and I'm deeply committed to help Akumal's community and its biodiversity.
Marietta


1 comment:

Chica Susanna McCabe said...

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Marietta, and then, the incredible honor of volunteering with the children and support staff at the library while visiting friends living in the area. Marietta is an inspiring individual, constantly seeking opportunities to bring new, stimulating and richly rewarding experiences to the children and larger community she serves. She is a gem.

Chica Susanna McCabe, Ph.D.
Ann Arbor, MI